Saturday, December 6, 2014

The Death Of Communication

    Tonight I sat with my parents, aunt, great aunt, and grandparents to have some banana cake that my mom made. The cake was delicious, and so was the Martinelli, but it was so awkward. I feel like all I can so is listen when I'm in these situations. Maybe it's the fact that I've been conditioned to be used to everyone looking at their phones and talking about what's happening on their screens. 
    
    Granted not everyone falls under category, but nonetheless it's weird. What happened to talking to people face to face instead of screen to screen? What happened to going out on adventures with friends without having to post online about it? The best experiences are the ones that you can only tell as a story when you and all your friends get together; the ones not even the best technology can capture.

    Here is my two cents: try putting your phone down every once in a while and listen with your eyes, not just your ears; maybe you'll learn something that's more interesting than what your "friends" on Facebook are talking about. If curiosity killed the cat, technology killed genuine human interaction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment